My entire post college career has been working in social services. I have worked in day programs, and residential homes serving people that have developmental/intellectual disabilities. In 1997, I started Social Service Solutions, Inc. Social Service Solutions, Inc. is a staffing agency in the field of social services. We are the on-call professional substitutes.
Throughout my career in Social Services, I have enjoyed working and advocating for people. I consider myself as having strong advocacy skills. I have lobbied in person at times throughout my career at the Capital on the behalf of the people that I supported, and I have written letters to representatives etc. I enjoy meeting new people, I welcome change. I have experience with topics in the area of Personnel. I think I would make a great addition to the current County Commissioners and the Administrative Personnel at Washington County.
Board Affiliations and Professional Associations
- 1998-2014 Member of the Board of Directors Ally People Solutions, Inc.
- 2007-2009 Member of Washington County Community Advisory Committee
- 2001-2007 Member of Washington County Citizens Review Panel (Chair 2006 & 2007)
- 1991-1997 Ramey County Developmental Disability Committee
- NAMI, (National Association on Mental Illness)
- ARRM (Association of Residential Resources in Minnesota)
- VEDA, (The Vestibular Disorders Association)
- Senior Workers Association